Elevate Dental Wellness: An Advanced Preventative Dental Practice
Pretty soon after I moved from Basalt to Aspen I started hearing about a dentistry practice in Willits, Elevate Dental Wellness, and that it was the Roaring Fork Valley’s only biological dental practice with a primary focus of the prevention of disease and comprehensive dental treatment. I had no idea what that meant and so I gave them a call.
Meeting with the Founders of Elevate Dental, Dr. Schuyler Van Gorden and Dr. Rebecca Steinbach, I learned what the buzz was all about. Dr. Van Gorden and Dr. Steinbach have quite a different and very refreshing outlook on dental care over traditional dental practices, with a focus not just on dental care but on general well being. They pay attention to systemic diseases and illnesses that can be found in the mouth first and have created biological practices far different from what they learned in dental care, with the knowledge that most diseases stem from inflammation. Looking at your mouth as a part of your body and a part of your mouth as a part of your total health, they review your total well being by looking at everything from nutritional status to sleeping patterns, and are excited to provide their patients the highest quality dental care that not only benefits their mouth, but also their entire well-being. “It’s us taking care of you from a total body stance. You are more than about teeth to us,” says Dr. Steinbach, as you will hear in our interview.
Of course, after our interview, I switched all of our records to their office. Why wouldn’t I want the best of whole body care for my family?
What is Elevate Dental Wellness?
Elevate Dental Wellness Environmental Choices
- Installed a Solmetex amalgam separator which is designed to remove amalgam waste particles from dental office wastewater. Without an amalgam separator, dental mercury can be discharged into the public sewer system and pollute our environment.
- Installed a Midmark PowerVac G3 dry vacuum. This environmentally friendly vacuum system not only consumes 83% less electricity, but also eliminates the use of a very precious resource, our water. Traditional wet-ring vacuums (with or without recycler) can use anywhere between 21,000 and 60,000 gallons of water per year!
- Paired up with Preserve toothbrushes so as NOT to contribute to the 50 million pounds of toothbrushes piling up in our landfills. Preserve toothbrush handles are made from 100% recycled plastic and can be recycled at the Gimme 5 drop off at our local Whole Foods Market or via the Preserve Toothbrush Takeback.
- Paired up with Earthpaste toothpaste. Earthpaste is a wonderful toothpaste that contains only 5 natural ingredients: purified water, Redmond Clay, Real Salt, xylitol and essential oils.
- Said goodbye to toothpastes that contain chemicals and additives in an effort to protect our patients and the planet! Unlike the aluminum lined tubes of traditional toothpaste, Earthpaste’s tubes can be easily recycled curbside and the caps can be dropped off at the Gimme 5 drop off.
- Making every effort to be as paperless as possible.
- Limiting the amount of plastic, and plastic waste they use and produce by using as many biodegradable products as possible. Please forgive them for not sending you home with a plastic “goody bag” asking you instead to use your bag or pockets!
- Also, they will not have a single serve coffee station or individual water bottles to offer. We will, however, happily refill your personal water bottle, or fill one of our biodegradable cups with some filtered water from our Berkey Water Filter System.
Visit their website and give them a call for a consultation! Website: http://elevatewillits.com/ | Phone: 970-279-5647 | Address: 711 East Valley Road Suite 201A Basalt, CO 81621