Puppy Promises From Thumper

If the children want a dog than they need to convince their daddy that they will be good and take care of it, not an easy task.

img422img423

Sharing is Caring 💙

29 thoughts on “Puppy Promises From Thumper”

1. Uh oh! Now that you’ve published this letter, I don’t think your darling Wade has any chance of saying no. What an absolutely adorable letter – bravo Brevitt. He put together a very thoughtful and presuasive argument. I can’t wait to meet ‘Brownie’ and hope that he is not too ‘sheddy’ and doesn’t need to pee in the ‘knight’!! xoxo 🙂

2. Wow! How can you say no? Unless, like me, you have no heart. Then, it is quite easy.

His “pleases'” and explanations of how he will help are so endearing! Can’t wait to see if you two get a dog!

P.S. Thanks for the comment! I can’t wait to jump into your blog!
    .-= Ambrosia´s last blog ..Motion Monday =-.

3. My 10 year old did this EXACT thing to us. She wrote a very nearly identical letter to us in November and because it was so beautiful we gave in and adopted our darling beagle-mix “Lolly” from the animal shelter. Best decision we EVER made. Pure heaven and my daughter is following through on her written promises. I hope you guys have lots of fun with Muki/Brownie. I doubt you’ll regret it!

4. Jillian,
    That letter melted my heart. Of course you have to get a dog, but just realize it will be as much work as a child! Thats why I settled for a kitten, guinne pig, hamster and soon to arrive….bunny. brevitt and Tasha spell alike (as well as myself)
    Love you
    Melanie

5. Hi Jillian! How cute! I hope you study the breed – it DOES make a difference in training. Our first family dog was INSANE. A wire-haired fox terrier. They are NOT easily trained, trust me. That dog put me right over the edge. And every promise the kids made? Hogwash – that dog was MY pain in the ass to deal with! The easiest one we’ve had was a black lab. — if you can stand the shedding! — but sweet and smart and gentle. Good luck with this!
    .-= suzen´s last blog ..2012 Curious =-.

6. Okay…so what’s the outcome?????

I love how honest he was that he won’t walk him morning AND night…but one or the other for sure. 🙂 Can’t beat that. He knows his limits.

This reminds me that I need to get that borrowed dog back up here from my mother’s. He’s probably so confused about where he lives.

7. Jill – that was so cute!! My 8 year old has been begging for a dog and we’ve worked a comples point system for her to earn it…so I thought that was all settled until one day 3 weeks ago when I was vacuuming around out our xmas tree and found a note she had hidden under it for Santa: “Dear Santa, all I really want is a puppy. Please.”
    Ha! So naturally I called Santa to explain it all to him :-).
    Happy New Year – Swati

I’m so far behind on reading, but catching up!
    .-= Swati Bharteey´s last blog ..Working Mom Jumps Crazily into Raj Yoga Meditation =-.

8. Jillian! Did you get a dog yet? Am not going to ask whether you’re going to get one because who could refuse a letter like that? Personally, I don’t like dogs, so I am so glad that I don’t have a ten-year-old anymore 🙂
    .-= jing lejano´s last blog ..The Things We Do =-.

9. What a wonderful letter to show him when he’s older. i’m sure you will become the golden grandparent when his children start asking for one – he can’t argue with his own logic. Just wonderful.

10. Hi Jillian, thank you so much for the letter Brevitt wrote, it made me cry, I just loved it, this is what makes selling dogs so much fun and such a blessing.

We will take extra good care of Brevitts little girl. Have a great Day Dana

11. Hi Jillian,
    If you think a hand written letter puts you in a puddle on the floor, just wait until they pull out the multi-media presentations. My girls first lobbied me for guinea pigs years ago with the age-old plea letter, but then went ninja on me with (I kid you not) 20 – 1 minute songs about ‘we love guinea pigs’, then created an Excel spread sheet on the costs. Their cunning and sophistication only grew with the blitz I would receive for a dog a few years later. Aside from the a 1″ informational notebook of the non-allergic breeds, they then created a petition and got all the relatives to sign, and finally made us sit down for a meeting outlining the ‘pros’ and ‘cons’. Sigh. We are now the proud owners of a Lagotto Romagnolo named Luca, and we still have guinea pigs. Hold on to your hat. 🙂

I love your voice in the blog, you are warm, sincere and funny. And, you are my first official subscription to a blog. Thanks for sharing.

Most sincerely,
    Greta

• Hello Greta,

I love your comments and am so happy that you subscribed to my blog.

You have very creative children who seem to have no problem using their imaginations to get what they want! I wonder where they got that from.

I look forward to getting to know you!!!

12. Dear Jillian:

Greta turned me on to your blog as that precious heartfelt letter from your son touched us both and I have a similar letter on my fridge. My family got a dog when the children were 5 and 6. They are 20 and 21 now and far away at college. The dog’s name was Petey and he was their constant companion and source of unconditional love. He particularly loved children. Kids can tell a dog anything and he or she will not advise, comment or judge, only listen and maybe cuddle. Petey passed away at Thanksgiving this year and he held on until both kids got in town. Together we 4 eased him into the next world and it was another in a series of amazing life journeys we have taken together as a family. I wish the same for you. Anyways..back to the letter. It is a sympathy card from my 8 year old nephew and reads (in 8 year old pencil handwriting): “Sorry Petey died. He was a good dog. I wish he lived.”