We asked for your input on our social media channels, “Who is your favorite engaging Roaring fork Valley bartender, and why,” and you delivered your answers. Thank you!
To get our voters started I voted for Mattias Dylan Horseman, “For his fun stories and quotes, ‘Dancing is just a vertical expression of horizontal desire.’ Anybody who thinks that everybody should always be dancing is someone after my own heart. Mattias IS the party and I love his positive energy.
- Thomas Swanson: I wish I could find decent service in this town I’m gonna have to say Hickory House…. Lauren
- Alix Bigley: Sam Gemus!
- Sam Gemus: thank you alex
- Kyle Vetter: Danny Collins of Aspen Brewing!
- Georgie Helen: Wow
- Andrew Turchin: The picture says it all. Mattias Dylan Horseman is on fire! I prefer Will Miccio at Ellina but I don’t see him anymore! No offense josh.
- Justin Pilotte: Will is awesome!! Mattias Dylan Horseman for his witty banter. Always sets my heart a-flutter😘😘😘 Big shout out to other bartenders in town: David Boudreau (Annie’s) Ian Youngs (Hooch) Alex Guevara (Bodega) Kristina Herman (White House) I guess I could go all day with this haha
- Kylie Elyce Popejoy: Jaila Jafarabadi at Grey lady, Ben Seebeck Jimmys
- Keith Goode: Ok … Let’s start with the beginning. Jimmy Yeager of Jimmy’s. Dylan Regan of Jimmy’s. Been doing their job behind the stick before some of us were born. Then there are legacies … Scottie Witcome, Joshua Peter Smith that trained us to be our best before leaving. We tend the bar we are behind. That’s what makes us good bartenders. Would I be able to survive a night doing what Ian Perry or James Overton does down in Escobar? Hell no. But what they do is no less amazing. Who’s the best questions tend to make us divided over the passion we have for whatever craft we follow.
- Clayton Gentry: Def Mattias! 🍸🍹🍾🎉
- Frank DeRosia: I love them all
- Jen Allison: Matthias for president!
- Emily Marshall: Cheers to everyone at Hooch; Pat Flanigan, Quinn Gallagher, and especially Ian Youngs for having The Last, & Final Word, and having Fernet on tap! Stay Classy Hooch. You’re my new favorite bar with the hottest bartenders in Aspen.
- Aspen Real Life: same