Glenwood Caverns Friday Afternoon Club
Join the mountain-top Friday Afternoon Club at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
Celebrate the end of the work week Glenwood Caverns-style. On Friday nights though late-February, ride the Iron Mountain Tramway to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Glenwood Springs, where all winter long you can kick-start the weekend with an evening of socializing, merry-making, drink specials, live music, free tram rides, dancing, lots of twinkly lights and delicious food specials.
FAC takes place from 5 – 8:30 p.m. With a quick ride aboard one of their signature orange gondolas, your weekend spirit kicks off in a matter of minutes. You can ride the tram free after 4 p.m. with a coupon that appears in the Glenwood Springs Post Independent on Fridays. The coupon is valid for free tram rides for up to four people.
At the top, wander around, take in the views and snuggle by the fire pits, or upgrade your free tram ride at the General Store to a Funday pass for just $26 to include 2 cave tours, the lighted Alpine Coaster, 4D Theater, Laser Tag and the new Haunted Mine Drop.
When you’re ready, settle in for the remainder of the evening at the Lookout Grille where they’ll be serving up specially priced food and drink specials that warm both the belly and the spirit. Drink specials change every half hour with the spin of a wheel.
The highlight of each Friday night is amazing music played by some of the valley’s favorite, hyper-talented local bands. Count on this lineup to have you toe-tapping, boot-scootin’ and foot stompin’ the night away.
- Friday, Jan. 5 Indigo Mojo is an Americana band whose original songs fuse elements of rock, country, Celtic and folk music.
- Friday, Jan. 12. Frank Martin is one the valley’s favorite songwriters, singers and multi-instrumentalists. His vocals rise to gospel heights, and his guitar and mandolin playing cross genres with fire and finesse.
- Friday, Jan. 19. The Logan Brothers are a classic rock, folk rock, and modern rock cover band with outstanding lead vocals, two-part harmony, guitar, melodic bass lines, drums and harmonica.
- Friday, Jan.26. Chris Bank is a Roaring Fork Valley favorite playing Motown, R&B and jazz sounds.
- Friday, Feb. 2. Jazz Hunter features jazz favorites and popular tunes by John Brown and Steve Tomlinson.
- Friday, Feb. 9. The Logan Brothers return for an encore performance.
- Friday, Feb. 16. Starcher Hutsen features a unique brand of acoustic sound. They’re known for classic rock, original songs and covers of James Taylor, Snow Patrol, Eagles, David Gray, Beatles, Damian Rice, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and more.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is a Locals’ Choice Awards winner for Best Place to Watch the Sunset and Best Music Venue. See you at the top of Iron Mountain for FAC!