A Geothermal winner, Iron Mountain Hot Springs was The Glenwood Springs Post Independent top finisher for local’s choice for; best date spot, best local attraction and best place to watch a sunset.
Since opening, just over two years ago, Colorado’s newest hot springs has racked up an impressive assortment of awards—from locals’ choice to international accolades.
The Golden Globes, the Grammy’s, the Academy Awards—it is officially awards season for the entertainment industry. Closer to home in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, and possibly more noteworthy for visitors to the area, Iron Mountain Hot Springs has earned its fair share of recognition over the past year. The geothermal springs which feature 16 individual soaking pools, all varying in temperature and terraced on a hillside overlooking the Colorado River, have garnered distinctions on stages of all sizes—local, regional and global.
While securing an invitation to the Oscars may take some maneuvering, everyone is welcome to sit back, relax and see what all the hubbub is about at Iron Mountain Hot Springs.
Locals’ Choice Awards. The Glenwood Springs Post Independent annually asks readers and residents to weigh in on their favorite places to eat, shop, do business and play. After the votes were tallied, Iron Mountain Hot Springs was a top finisher in three categories!
- Best Date Spot. Readers have spoken; Iron Mountain Hot Springs is a sweetheart of a place to rendezvous for a light meal, a drink and a soothing soak in 100 percent pure mineral water.
- Best Local Attraction. Iron Mountain Hot Springs is obviously a favorite destination for locals. It also happens to be one of 19 geothermal attractions located along the 720-mile Colorado Historic Hot Springs Loop, a roadmap through Western Colorado cities and towns that highlights the state’s abundant hot springs amenities.
- Best Place to Watch a Sunset. Every day of the year provides an opportunity to see an original work of art by Mother Nature. Viewing a sunset from the comfort of the soaking pools at Iron Mountain Hot Springs is a great way to relax and appreciate the wonders of the natural world.
Best of the Valley Readers’ Choice Awards
- Best Place to Relax. Roaring Fork Magazine serves communities throughout the valley including Aspen, Snowmass, Basalt, Carbondale and Glenwood Springs. It highlights the people, places and events that make the area special. The December 2017 issue featured the magazine’s first annual Readers’ Choice Awards, with Iron Mountain Hot Springs voted the Roaring Fork Valley’s Best Place to Relax. In addition to the soul-soothing geothermal amenities, in winter a fire pit adds ambiance and warmth; in summer outdoor showers provide a refreshing counterpoint the thermal waters.
Luxury Travel Guide (LTG)
- Innovative Wellness Centre of the Year. LTG is a leading provider of travel news, reviews and feature stories for the well-travelled globetrotter. The LTG awards represent the pinnacle of hospitality achievement around the world. Iron Mountain Hot Springs is highly responsive to guest feedback and goes to great lengths to meet and exceed expectations. “Finding a unique place that offers nothing but tranquility can be very difficult; however, when visiting Colorado, you do not need to look far to find this perfect place,” said James Drakeford, editor in chief at LTG.
Don’t miss this award-winning hot springs located in nearby Glenwood Springs, just 40 minutes north of Aspen along Highway 82. Iron Mountain Hot Springs is open daily until 10 p.m.