The BettyFlies Foundation funds aviation-related programs that encourage personal development and create STEM education opportunities for young people.
History’s lessons and legends often provide answers to contemporary problems. Betty Haas Pfister recognized long ago the potent power of aviation to inspire and motivate individuals. Today more than ever our young women and men can be discouraged by the daunting challenges of mapping out a life course while safeguarding their self-esteem in the age of social media.
The Foundations believes it is time to bring back Betty’s insight and use aviation to ignite student self- confidence, broaden student interest in STEM, and match the future need for aviation professionals with the career needs of students. They recognize the power of aviation to inspire and motivate.
THE BETTYFLIES FOUNDATION IS DEDICATED TO FUNDING PROGRAMS THAT ACCOMPLISH THE FOLLOWING:
- Use the thrill of flying to capture the imagination of students and motivate further personal growth.
- Coordinate with school officials to promote broader interest in STEM and support curriculum development using aviation as applied science.
- Create “work for reward” programs to offer scholarship incentives to students for completing established requirements.
- Create opportunities for participating students to gain peer recognition and support engagement with fellow students.
- Expose students to the significant career opportunities available in aviation.
The BettyFlies Foundation has pledged $100,000 to the Aspen Flight Academy’s “Every Student Flies” program, which will debut at the Aspen High School in the fall of 2019.
BettyFlies has also committed to fund $120,000 of flight-school scholarships for high-school students, commencing August 15, 2019. These scholarships will be geared towards students who are on track to build careers as professional pilots.
A general collegiate scholarship at the Aspen High School—in the amount of $30,000 or better—is also planned for the upcoming 2019-20 school year.
Every dollar donated will fund aviation-inspired endeavors that encourage young people to develop skills in sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Help BettyFlies reach their funding goal of $250,000.00! They greatly appreciate any contribution, no matter how large or small. DONATE TO THE FOUNDATION
Photos above by Steve Mundinger Photography