For the last 19 years the Buddy Program has celebrated the week of July 4th with our annual Boogie’s Buddy Race and the Bash for the Buddies. These important fundraising events support the work we do with over 520 youth, their families and over 130 volunteer mentors throughout the Roaring Fork Valley. This year is especially important, because we are proudly celebrating our 45th Anniversary of inspiring youth through mentoring experiences in order to achieve their full potential.
We hope you will join us at the Bash for the Buddies on Friday, July 6th! This year’s theme is a vintage circus and will include live music with MarchFourth Marching Band and live circus acts by the Circus Collective! Boogie’s Buddy Race is on the morning of July 4th, and is a great way to kick off the festivities before finding your spot at the parade. Learn more at BuddyProgram.org or give us a call at 970-920-2130.
In addition to celebrating 45 years, we are very excited to recognize the quality of our work which was honored this year by Mentor Colorado and MENTOR, the National Mentoring Partnership. We are also celebrating an expansion of services to Western Garfield County through a grant partnership with Great Outdoors Colorado and Garfield County. Starting next month, we will be serving youth at Rifle High and Middle Schools through our Karen and Nathan Sandler LEAD (Leadership through Exploration, Action and Discovery) Program! Our programs from Aspen to Carbondale continue to meet the needs of youth and families in our community. Our work is never done!
As we continue to grow and expand services, one thing has not changed: the focus on mentoring and creating meaningful connections between youth and adults that our founder sought in 1973 for youth in our community. Our focus on the quality of our Buddy Pair matches, the student participants in our LEAD Programs and the services we provide to youth has not waivered. Mentoring is an intervention and prevention that cuts across socio-economic, racial and gender divides. The caring, critical connections that mentees and mentors form have proven effective time and time again in making a difference in the lives of youth.
What is the Buddy Bash?
Come one, Come all to the Greatest Party of the Summer: The Buddy Program’s Big Top Bash for the Buddies on Friday, July 6th!
Date: Friday, July 6
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Boogie’s Merry-Go Ranch, Aspen
- Hosted by the Ultimate Ringmaster, Lenny “Boogie” Weinglass, at his stunning Merry-Go Ranch overlooking the majestic mountain views of Aspen, Colorado
- Honoring Angie and Gary Stewart for their spectacular support of the Buddy Program and the youth in our community
- Outside under the Big Top, the evening begins at 6:00 pm with our signature Taste of Aspen featuring a dozen of Aspen’s top chefs and cocktail mixologists, and one of the best Silent Auctions of the year! Feel the magic up close at a seated dinner, a brief program and a Live Auction
- Be delighted and awed with circus acts provided by the Circus Collective including stilt walkers, aerial performers, acrobatics and jugglers
- Dancing to Live Music by MarchFourth! MarchFourth is a joy-inducing force of entertainment. The colorful explosion of brassy funk, rock, and jazz is all about the groove. This larger-than-life group of musicians and acrobats tours the country year-round, bringing a spirit of celebration wherever they go. MarchFourth is, in a word, FUN!
- Get in the act! Vintage circus theme attire encouraged!
- Learn more at BuddyProgram.org
Support the Buddy Program
Annually attended by over 500 patrons and philanthropists, the Bash is a great celebration of the Buddy Program and the over 660 youth, families and volunteer Big Buddies throughout the Roaring Fork Valley that we serve through our youth mentoring programs. This evening typically raises $700,000 or more in one night which is nearly two thirds of our annual operating budget, thanks to the generosity and support of our many donors! This event will sell out, so don’t delay.
CLICK HERE or call 970-920-2130 to purchase your tickets today, or if you prefer to pay by check, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks may be made out to the Buddy Program and mailed to: 110 East Hallam St, Ste 125, Aspen, CO 81611.
To learn more about the Bash and the Race, or how you can get more involved, check out our website at BuddyProgram.org or give us a call.
The Buddy Program