Aspen’s most inclusive calendar is curated daily to ensure that you can find everything happening in our valley in one place. Submit your events to be included in our weekly conversations
- This event has passed.
Bonedale Sk8 Park Art Contest
August 28, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - September 1, 2017 @ 3:00 pm UTC-6
The Town of Carbondale Recreation and Community Center would like to offer our local artists the opportunity to use their talents and design their own piece of work in our North Face Skateboard Park.
Artists of all ages are encouraged to participate in the contest.
All entries must be submitted by 5p.m. on Monday, August 28th, 2017 and can be turned in to the Carbondale Recreation Center.
This is a great opportunity for local artists to showcase their talents at one of our local parks! All ideas welcome, but please keep in mind of the following criteria and guidelines:
Artwork Criteria & Guidelines
• Offensive language, material and gang signs are prohibited
• Copyright infringements are prohibited.
• Art may be featured on t-shirts, and could be used in newspaper ads, social media, posters and or other advertisements.
• Artwork cannot interfere with other pieces already on the skate park
• Artists can submit up to two entries
• All styles, mediums and subjects are welcome, but winner must complete actual artwork with either spray paint or paint provided by the town.
• Artwork submission may not exceed 11 x 17 inches in size
• Final mural in Sk8 Park will be a minimum of 4’x4’
• Please include submission form with your artwork
Winner will be selected by Friday, September 1st. Artist must complete their artwork/mural at the North Face Skate Park by Tuesday, October 31st, 2017 (weather permitting). The Town of Carbondale will supply necessary paint supplies.
The chosen winner will receive the exclusive opportunity to paint their artwork in an approved location within The North Face Skate Park. The individual will also receive a one month membership for the Town of Carbondale Recreation Center.
For more information and to download our submission form: