Aspen’s most inclusive calendar is curated daily to ensure that you can find everything happening in our valley in one place. Submit your events to be included in our weekly conversations
- This event has passed.
History Hike Series – Ashcroft Ghost Town
August 4, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC-6Free – $10
Hiking time and length will vary.
$10/person, free for AHS Lixiviator Members and above
- June 23 – Koch Park to Holden/Marolt on the Midland Trail (Green) – Learn about ancillary mining enterprises, water, transportation into Aspen, and more on a walk along the CO Midland railroad corridor at the western base of Aspen and Shadow mountains to the Holden/Marolt Mining & Ranching Museum.
- July 7 – Independence Ghost Town (Blue) – Experience what remains of the first mining settlement in the Roaring Fork Valley and the 1880s gold rush of Independence on a walk through the ghost town, located at the base of the Continental Divide on Independence Pass.
- July 21 – Aspen Mountain (Black) – Explore the once-rich silver deposits and the tailings that remain on Aspen’s eponymous hill, a maze of tunnels, mines and mining remnants, on this hike that will ascend the 3,200 feet.
- August 4 – Ashcroft Ghost Town (Blue) – Hear about the unique history of this once-thriving mining camp on a stroll through the ghost town’s many conserved buildings, situated among spectacular high alpine meadows.
- August 18 – Green Mountain (Black) – Adventure over the streams and through the woods to Independence’s lesser-known and secluded sister ghost town, home to several old miners’ cabins and the leftovers of a once-bustling mining operation.