Aspen’s most inclusive calendar is curated daily to ensure that you can find everything happening in our valley in one place. Submit your events to be included in our weekly conversations
- This event has passed.
Roaring Fork River Float
April 18, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC-6$40 – $50
Spend a morning with Roaring Fork Conservancy staff and river ambassadors as we float the Lower Roaring Fork River! After the float, join us at Coryell Ranch for a cook-out, music, and the opportunity to try stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, fly rods and the latest gear from local outfitter shops.
Float and BBQ Lunch: $50 non-members/$40 RFC members
BBQ Lunch ONLY (Adult): $30 non-members/$25 RFC members
BBQ Lunch ONLY (Youth: 12 year old and under): Free
River Float is appropriate for ages 12 and up. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
BBQ Lunch and Gear Demo are open to all ages.
- Please bring your lawn chairs or picnic blankets for lunch.
- We love our furry friends but unfortunately dogs are NOT permitted.
River Float History
In 2004, Roaring Fork Conservancy decided that the best way to teach people about our rivers was to get them on the river. And so River Float was born. Each year we have taken over 140 people down the lower Roaring Fork River teaching them about wildlife, water issues and riparian habitat. We hope you can join us on the river!
SCROLL DOWN FOR DIRECTIONS & WHAT TO WEAR
APRIL 21, 2018!
SCHEDULE OF THE DAY:
9:00am RIVER FLOAT DEPARTS
11:30am BBQ Lunch & Festival
Directions to Coryell Ranch
It can get cold on the river and you will probably get wet…
Please do NOT wear cotton!!
- MEN: Swim trunks and non-cotton shirt
- WOMEN: Bathing suit underneath shorts and non-cotton shirt
- Close-toed shoes that can get wet (no flip flops or Crocs)
- Fleece, if cool weather
- Hooded waterproof shell and pants if you have them
- Water bottle
- Leave a dry change of clothes in your car for after the float